Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
This is a bugfixing release made on top of v1.0.1 in order to fix a bug that broke trade reports for Kraken users. Upgrading is recommended. Binaries available for:
- #442 If a user provides a Kraken API key with insufficient permissions we no longer accept it and also provide them with a proper error message.
- #443 Fix bug in deserialization of non-exact floating point Kraken timestamp values which could lead to a crash during tax report generation.
Newly supported tokens
Added support for the following tokens
This is mostly a bug fixing release on top of v1.0.0 containing all bugs fixed in the last week, and some small additions to make usage of the app easier. Upgrading is recommended. Binaries available for:
- #428 Handle unexpected data from external sources gracefully and dont crash.
- #425 Users can now provide arguments to the backend via a config file. For more information check the docs.
- #76 Handle poloniex queries returning
nullfor the fee field.
- #432 If historical price for a trade is not found, then gracefully skip the trade. Also handle a cryptocompare query edge case.
- #429 If
429-TOO-MANY-REQUESTSis returned by blockchain.info handle it properly and backoff for the required amount of time until trying again.
Newly supported tokens
Added support for the following tokens
This is the first Rotkehlchen version where premium subscriptions are activated and where all major Operating Systems (yes that also means Windows) are supported! This is the Beginning.
A lot of work has gone into this version.
Small sections with summaries of the biggest changes follow below.
Premium subscriptions are now active. You can buy one if you visit https://rotkehlchen.io. We would really appreciate it if you showed your support for the project by doing so. We accept both Fiat and Crypto payments. With a premium subscription you will get:
- Synchronization of your data between devices.
- A lot of statistics, graphs and analytics of your assets and trades inside the app.
- Better in-github support.
- [Coming soon] Faster ETH queries using our own server.
- [Long-term] Access to the android companion app for Rotkehlchen.
- And a lot more feature that are going to be developed only for premium!
Finally this is the first version of Rotkehlchen that can run in Windows! Take that Rotkehlchen out for a flight in your Windows machines ;)
Supported assets and conversions list
With previous rotkehlchen versions, you had an asset in an exchange, or you input it manually and you did not know which one it was. That's because multiple assets have the same symbol and sometimes can have different symbols in different exchanges.
Rotkehlchen v1.0 addresses that by maintaining a list of all supported assets and conversions to/from all exchanges and external services we support.
The app now shows you notifications of errors, warnings or info messages that may be of interest to you. Check the bell icon on the top menu to read them.
Other features and bug fixes
A lot of smaller features and also bug fixes are included. For a full list check the full changelog below.
- #332 Add notifications area for actionable warnings/errors.
- #350 Add support for remote ethereum nodes and not just local ones.
- #329 Maintain a list of supported assets and converters from/to each exchange or service.
- #194 Add setting for date display format.
- #313 Premium feature: The statistic pane now has two different graphs to explore the distribution of value of the user. One shows the distribution of the total net value across different locations and the other across all assets the user holds.
- #312 Premium feature: The statistic pane now has a graph where users can check how any asset's amount and total usd value progresses over time.
- #272 Premium feature: Added a statistics pane. Premium users can now see a graph of their net value over time there.
- #268 Version name is now included in rotkehlchen binaries and other artifacts.
- #304 Add support for Windows Binaries
- #420 There are no more negative percentages at tax report generation progress
- #392 Revisiting usersettings properly updates per account tables if an account has been deleted before.
- #325 Tracking accounts/tokens in user settings will now be immediately reflected on the dashboard.
- #368 Fixes broken navigation after visiting Statistics page.
- #361 Rotkehlchen no longer misses the last trade when processing history inside a timerange.
- #349 Copy paste should now work on OSX.
- #334 Handle too many requests error for the exchangerates api.
- #323 Properly display usd value For JPY and some other assets in kraken where XXBT is the quote asset.
- #320 The user settings pane is now always responsive, even when loaded a second time.
- #314 Exchangerates api is now queried with priority and as such there are no more delays at the startup of the application due to unresponsive FOREX api calls.
- #299 IOTA historical price queries now work properly.
- #288 After a user re-login querying fiat prices will no longer throw exceptions.
- #273 Fallback to fetching NANO Price using XRB (Raiblocks) symbol before the rebranding.
- #283 OTC Trades table is now properly rendered again
This version contains some new features, and a lot of bugfixes. From the new features most notable is the protection of rotkehlchen for failures or inconsistencies presented by external price APIs.
From the bug fixes most notably, a few changes happened to the tax calculation to make the profit/loss calculation results correct in some edge cases.
- #92 Cache and have multiple APIs to query for fiat price queries.
- #222 Add a progress indicator during the tax report generation.
- #229 Rotkehlchen can now work and migrate to sqlcipher v4.
- #221 Rotkehlchen is now shielded against incosistencies of cryptocompare FIAT data.
- #134 When rotkehlchen makes too many requests to Binance and gets a 429 response it now backs off and waits a bit.
- #241 When incurring margin trade loss the lost asset's available amount is now also reduced.
- #240 Poloniex settlement buys now incur the correct amount of BTC loss when processed.
- #218 Tax report details in the UI should no longer show NaN values in some columns.
- #231 Selling an asset that will fork, before it does now also reduces the forked asset amount.
- #232 Multiple rotkehlchen users will no longer share same cache files.
- #206 Fixes an error when adding a bitcoin account for the first time.
- #209 Fixes error during login due to invalid date being saved.
- #223 Fix error in profit/loss calculation due to bugs in the search of the FIFO queue of buy events.
- #219 Poloniex BTC settlement loss calculation is now correct.
- #217 Tax report CSV exports should now agree with the app report.
- #211 Handle the BCHSV fork in Kraken properly.
This version contains some new features, highlight of which is the option to anonymize sensitive logs. It also contains a lot of bug fixes, a full list of which can be found below.
This release, like the previous one, also contains a considerable amount of external contributors!
Listed are the authors of all commits since v0.4.0:
- Lefteris Karapetsas -> 78 commits
- Kenneth Ascheri -> 15 commits
- Kelsos -> 12 commits
- Nick Hultz -> 2 commits
- Brian Kabiro -> 2 commits
- #186 Pressing Enter at signin/create new account and other popups will submit them just like clicking the form button.
- #178 New logout api call. Users can now logout of a rotkehlchen session.
- #138 Add an option to allow for anonymizing of all sensitive rotkehlchen logs.
- #132 Added a UI widget showing if rotkehlchen is connected to an ethereum node.
- #201 Having ICN in Kraken from 31/10 to 31/11 2018 will not lead rotkehlchen to crash.
- #197 Rotkehlchen no longer crashes at restart if a "No" tax_free_period is given.
- #185 Ethereum node connection indicator should always properly indicate the connection status to the underlying ethereum node.
- #184 If Rotkehlchen brand name in top left is clicked, open browser to rotkehlchen.io instead of showing the sign-in popup
- #187 Exchange balance tables no longer become unresponsive if visited multiple times.
- #181 Take
0net balance into account when doing balance queries and not crash.
- #156 Overflow should now scroll completely and properly on mac.
- #173 Price querying for IOTA should now work properly with cryptocompare
This version contains some new features, highlight of which is the full support of the Bitmex exchange and addition of icons to the UI. Numerous bugs were also found and fixed. For a full list look below.
This is also the first version which contains a considerable number of commits from external contributors~
Listed are the authors of all commits since v0.3.2:
- Lefteris Karapetsas -> 37 commits
- Kenneth Ascheri -> 20 commits
- Cryptomental -> 2 commits
- Michael Sproul -> 1 commit
- #144 and #74 Rotkehlchen now starts fully supporting Bitmex and allows querying Bitmex history for tax calculations.
- #153 Add a
versioncommand to display the rotkehlchen version.
- #148 Add icons for all tokens to the UI.
- #163 Properly handle errors in the tax report calculation and in other asynchronous tasks.
- #155 Check if the local ethereum node is synced before querying balances from it.
- #159 Gracefully exit if an invalid argument is provided.
- #151 If an asset stored at Bittrex does not have a BTC market rotkehlchen no longer crashes.
- #135 Fix bug in converting binance sell trades to the common rotkehlchen format
- #140 Don't log an error if the manual margin file is not found
"Summer's End" contains a lot of bugfixes gathered over the last 2 months for issues reported by users of rotkehlchen. It also contains a new UI widget.
- #95 Add a UI widget to display the last time the balance data was saved in the DB.
- #126 Refuse to generate a new tax report if one is in progress and also clean previous report before generating a new one.
- #123 Return USD as default main currency if DB is new
- #101 Catch the web3 exception if using a local client with an out of sync chain and report a proper error in the UI
- #86 Fixed race condition at startup that could result in the banks balance displaying as NaN.
- #103 After removing an exchange's API key the new api key/secret input form is now properly re-enabled
- #99 Show proper error if kraken or binance api key validation fails due to an invalid key having been provided.
This is a bugfix patch release on top of 0.3.0 to solve issue 96 and allow for automatic balance saving also via the UI and not only via the CLI.
This release contains some small new features along with some bugfixes.
- 90 Add configuration option for it and periodically save balances data in the database
- 79 Do not crash with exception if an exchange is unresponsive, but instead warn the user.
- 91 Provide more accurate name for the setting for the date from which historical data starts
- 89 Thanks to introducing typing to many rotkehlchen modules, 3 bugs were found and fixed
- 83 Fix a bug that did not allow adding or removing ethereum tokens from the tracker
- 77 Fix bug caused by reading
taxfree_after_periodfrom the database
This is a bugfix version. Fixes two important bugs:
All kraken pairs should now work properly. Users who hold XRP, ZEC, USD, GP,
CAD, JPY, DASH, EOSD and USDT in kraken will no longer have any problems.
Since June 4th the fixer api for currency exchange value has been shut down so
a replacement api is now used to provide currency exchange data.