This is the first service release to update the new stable version 1.4.
With the recent release of Roundcube Webmail 1.4.0 we missed to mention a few breaking changes since the last stable version 1.3. We apologize for this and are now clarifying and correcting these:
new defaults for
Upon many requests and in order to get closer to the default setup of most SMTP servers, we changed the defaults as follows:
// SMTP port (default is 587) $config['smtp_port'] = 587; // SMTP username (if required). %u will use the current username for login $config['smtp_user'] = '%u'; // SMTP password (if required). %p will use the current user's password for login $config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
Because of many complaints, we decided to choose a more sane default that covers most setups and configurations.
login page returning 401 Unauthorized status:
The new behavior that Roundcube 1.4 returns a 401 status code if the client is not authenticated apparently was very unexpected and lead to monitoring problems. Despite not having mentioned that change in the release notes, we now partly reverted it so that 401 is only returned on login failures but not on the first request to Roundcube which by definition is unauthorized.
Besides these three major concerns we heard from your much appreciated feedback, we fixed a number of nasty bugs that sneaked into the 1.4.0 release. See the complete changelog below.
- Elastic: Change HTML editor widget to improve form flow (#6992)
- Elastic: Fix position of mobile floating action button (#7038)
- Managesieve: Fix locked UI after opening filter frame (#7007)
- Fix PHP warning: "array_merge(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in sendmail.inc (#7003)
- Fix bug where cache keys could exceed length limit specified in db schema (#7004)
- Fix invalid Signature button state after escaping Mailvelope mode (#7015)
- Fix so 401 error is returned only on failed logon requests (#7010)
- Fix db_prefix handling in queries with
TRUNCATE TABLE <name>and
- Fix so update.sh script warns about changed defaults (#7011)
- Fix tables listing routine when DSN contained a database with unsupported suffix (#7034)
- Fix so Elastic is also a default in jqueryui plugin (#7039)
- Fix bug where the Installer would not warn about required schema upgrade (#7042)