This repository provides a demo script, code base, and slide deck to deliver a level 100-200 talk about EF6. You should feel free to use this content as-is, or modify it as you wish, to deliver a talk about EF6 to your user group, company, or anyone else who will listen to you.
This talk is almost identical to the Entity Framework 6: Database Access Anywhere, Easily session I presented at TechEd North America in 2013. If you want to see how the slides/demos/etc. fit together then you can review that talk.
The Stuff You Need
- The slide deck covers some intro material on EF6, an intro to each feature in the demo, and some additional resources to share with folks at the end. Feel free to modify the deck as you see fit.
- The demo script provides a detailed set of instructions to setup your machine and perform all the demos. More details about how to use the following resources is included in the demo script:
- Visual Studio code snippets allow you to code the demos on the fly without having to manually type out all the code. I find this to be much more entertaining for the audience (and easier for them to follow) than just walking them through an application you have already written.
- QuoteOfTheDay solution allows you to build the QuoteOfTheDay NuGet package that is used during the async demo.
- The completed source code from the demos is included because folks form the audience often want to get hold of it to experiment with. Feel free to point them directly to this repo.