WINDOWS XP USERS: Please make sure ClearType is turned on
(Control Panel -> Display -> Appearance -> Effects -> "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" -> ClearType)
pdf2htmlEX renders PDF files in HTML, utilizing modern Web technologies, aims to provide an accuracy rendering, while keeping optimized for Web display.
It is optimized for modern web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome.
This program is designed for scientific papers with complicate formulas and figures, so a precise rendering is also the #1 concern. But of course general PDF files are also supported.
- Single HTML file output
- Precise rendering
- Text Selection
- Font embedding & reencoding for Web
- Proper styling (Color, Transformation...)
- Optimization for Web
Not supported yet
- Type 3 fonts
- Non-text object (Don't worry, they will be rendered as images)
Fontforge-git is no longer required, a recent version should be OK
There is a Ubuntu PPA set up at here.
Special thanks to Arthur Titeica for the AUR Package.
Build from source
- compilers support C++11
- libpoppler with xpdf header >= 0.20.2 (compile with --enable-xpdf-headers)
- boost c++ library (format, program options, gil, filesystem, serialization, system(which is actually required by filesystem))
- fontforge (with header files)
cmake . && make && sudo make install
pdf2htmlEX /path/to/foobar.pdf pdf2htmlEX --help
GPLv2 & GPLv3 Dual licensed
The following projects have been consulted for pdf2htmlEX:
- pdftops & pdftohtml from poppler
- Google Doc
- Lu Wang email@example.com
- Hongliang Tian firstname.lastname@example.org