This translator will convert any ABNF grammar into an ANTLR grammar.
The resulting ANTLR grammar should be syntactically correct; however, some ABNF grammars are inherently ambiguous and ANTLR may complain about them until the ambiguity is resolved.
The translator makes the following corrections automatically:
- Dashes in ABNF rule names are replaced with underscores.
- ABNF rule names which are also ANTLR keywords are given a numeric suffix (e.g., fragment_1).
- Duplicate rule names are given a numeric suffix to make them unique (e.g., rule_1, rule_2)
- All rule names are converted to lowercase (parser rules).
- By default, all character literals are converted into lexer rules (resulting in a scannerless parser).
The provided translator binary can also be compiled from source code using Visual Studio or a compatible product like SharpDevelop.