Use Cases for the API
- reference tool: yum, pungi
- package list: $name or $name.$arch
- exclude list: $name or $name.$arch
- basearch (should be able to do ppc64 depsolving on x86_64)
- --selfhosting (pull also BuildRequires in; requires source repo)
- --fulltree (if a subpackage from a SRPM is included, include all remaining subpackages too)
- do depsolving, return list of E:N-V-R.A.rpm files
- list of unresolved deps
- greedy matching (all matches)
- nogreedy matching (best match) -- yum.bestPackagesFromList()
- reference tool: repoclosure from yum-utils
- one or more repos
- zero or more lookaside repos
- basearch (should be able to do ppc64 repoclosure on x86_64)
- list of unresolved deps in repos
- lookaside repos should not be checked, they only provide packages to the transaction
- reference tool: repoquery from yum-utils
- usage: repoquery [--alldeps] --whatrequires <package></package> [package] ...
- list of packages -- $name or $name.$arch
- list of E:N-V-R.A.rpm files
- if --alldeps is specified, return all dependency tree; return only direct deps otherwise
- have a set of 2k packages, periodically check repos for their build-time dependencies, rebuild those that have new deps.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.