- It is based on cc mode, from which it inherits its features, including syntax highlighting, automatic indentation (TAB key) and others. Current version (0.3) provides syntax highligting for more FreeFem++ reserved words and additional menu entries.
- It defines the "Run buffer" function (key C-c C-c) as follows:
- Send current buffer (current FreeFem++ program) to the FreeFem++ interpreter.
- Then window is split into two frames and FreeFem++ output is displayed in the bottom one.
- If FreeFem++ returned with an error:
- In the output buffer, the error line is highlighted
- In the code buffer, the cursor goes to the error line and error is highlighted
Copy the file freefem++-mode.el into any directory located in your Emacs load-path. Then, add the appropriate lines into your .emacs configuration file, for instance:
(autoload 'freefem++-mode "freefem++-mode" "Major mode for editing FreeFem++ code." t) (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.edp$" . freefem++-mode)) (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.idp$" . freefem++-mode))
Optionally, you can also specify the desired FreeFem++ interpreter, for instance
(setq freefempp-program "FreeFem++-nw")
(setq freefempp-program "ff-mpirun -np 2")