I have joined Github Sponsors and highly appreciate your sponsorship.
rrweb refers to 'record and replay the web', which is a tool for recording and replaying users' interactions on the web.
rrweb is mainly composed of 3 parts:
- rrweb-snapshot, including both snapshot and rebuilding features. The snapshot is used to convert the DOM and its state into a serializable data structure with a unique identifier; the rebuilding feature is to rebuild the snapshot into corresponding DOM.
- rrweb, including two functions, record and replay. The record function is used to record all the mutations in the DOM; the replay is to replay the recorded mutations one by one according to the corresponding timestamp.
- rrweb-player, is a player UI for rrweb, providing GUI-based functions like pause, fast-forward, drag and drop to play at any time.
- rrdom: an ad-hoc DOM for rrweb session data #419
- storage engine: do deduplication on a large number of rrweb sessions
- more end-to-end tests
- compact mutation data in common patterns
- provide plugins via the new plugin API, including:
- XHR plugin
- fetch plugin
- GraphQL plugin
Since we want the record and replay sides to share a strongly typed data structure, rrweb is developed with typescript which provides stronger type support.
- Fork this repository.
yarn installin the root to install required dependencies for all sub-packages (note:
npm installis not recommended).
yarn devin the root to get auto-building for all the sub-packages whenever you modify anything.
- Navigate to one of the sub-packages (in the
packagesfolder) where you'd like to make a change.
- Patch the code and run
yarn testto run the tests, make sure they pass before you commit anything.
- Push the code and create a pull request.
Protip: You can run
yarn test in the root folder to run all the tests.
In addition to adding integration tests and unit tests, rrweb also provides a REPL testing tool.
Core Team Members