ngx_php is an extension module of high-performance web server nginx, which implements embedded php script to process nginx location and variables.
ngx_php draws on the design of ngx_lua and is committed to providing non-blocking web services with significant performance advantages over php-cgi, mod_php, php-fpm and hhvm.
ngx_php doesn't want to replace anything, just want to provide a solution.
Milestones about the project
- ngx_php5 - A legacy version with php5, which records some of my past code practices and is also valuable.
- ngx_php7 - An active branch of development where you can get more fresh details.
What's different with official php
- Global variable is unsafe in per request
- Static variable of a class is unsafe in per request
- Do not design singleton mode
- The native IO function works fine, but it slows down nginx
Copyright and License
ngx_php is licensed under the BSD-2-Clause license.