Versa allows users to dynamically annotate uploaded songs and view annotations.
Visit http://versa.herokuapp.com to play with a deployed version of the app.
Versa is simple to use. Once logged in, users can annotate songs simply by highlighting text. Once text is highlighted, an annotate button appears, allowing the user to attach an annotation to the specified text.
Users attach images to their annotations, as well as upvote or downvote others' annotations.
Versa is a single-page web application built in client-side Backbone.js and server-side Ruby on Rails.
Versa's features include:
• Single-page app utilizing Backbone.js and AJAX.
• Rails backend.
• Backbone Relational, including many-to-many relationships.
• Ruby on Rails backend.
• Custom-built dynamic text annotation.
• Dynamic search with Solr (server-side) and Select2 (client-side).
• User authentication with Devise.
• Custom JSON with RABL.