This release brings several security and stability improvements, bug fixes, new VM opcodes, among other changes.
IMPORTANT: this release is the first client version that runs on RSK Mainnet Beta, and it's configured by default to run on this network. To run on Testnet, you need to change node's configuration file (see Wiki for further reference). Since consensus rules have changed, this version is not compatible with previous versions. If you've been running previous versions of RSK client node on Testnet, we encourage you to update to this new version.
This is a summary of the changes included in this release:
- Default configuration is now Mainnet (#349)
- Support for Ethereum Improvement Proposal 658 (#333)
- Trie serialization/deserialization improvements (#315)
- RETURNDATASIZE and RETURNDATACOPY new opcodes (#306)
- Bridge native contract improvements (#341, #346, #347, #378)
- Bug fixes (#301, #312, #314, #335)
You can find a complete list of the changes introduced in Bamboo 0.4.0 milestone.