- Added support for Hadoop bootstrap actions to all job types (Pig, Hive and Custom Jar).
- Added support for REE 1.8.7-2011.12, Ruby 1.9.2 and 1.9.3.
- Updated to the latest versions of all development dependencies (notably VCR 2).
- Added Elasticity::EMR#describe_jobflow("jobflow_id") for describing a specific job. If you happen to run hundreds of EMR jobs, this makes retrieving jobflow status much faster than using Elasticity::EMR#describe_jobflowS which pulls down and parses XML status for hundreds of jobs.
- Added Elasticity::CustomJarJob for launching "Custom Jar" jobs.
- Explicitly requiring 'time' (only a problem if you aren't running from within a Rails environment).
- Elasticity::JobFlow now exposes last_state_change_reason.
1.3 (Contributions from Wouter Broekhof)
- The default mode of communication is now via HTTPS.
- Elasticity::AwsRequest new option :secure => true|false (whether to use HTTPS).
- Elasticity::AwsRequest new option :region => eu-west-1|... (which region to run the EMR job).
- Elasticity::EMR#describe_jobflows now accepts additional params for filtering the jobflow query (see docs).
- HiveJob and PigJob now support configuring Hadoop options via .add_hadoop_bootstrap_action().
- Shipping up E_PARALLELS Pig variable with each invocation; reasonable default value for PARALLEL based on the number and type of instances configured.
- Added PigJob!
- HiveJob critical bug fixed, now it works :)
- Added log_uri and action_on_failure as options to HiveJob.
- Added integration tests to HiveJob.
- Added HiveJob, a simplified way to launch basic Hive job flows.
- Added HISTORY.
- Added LICENSE.