OpenTTD port for Switch
This is my Switch port of OpenTTD, a re-implementation of Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Thanks to the many developers who worked on this game.
Thanks to @angguss for his excellent Vita port, on which this Switch port is based.
Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, Jason Crawford, Greg Gibson, Jesse Harlin, Özgür Karter, Matthew Machnee, Milenko, and RadicalR.
assetsbelow), and unzip openttd_switch.zip and copy the contents over to the
/switch/folder on your sd card, so that you have a folder
/switch/openttdwith many folders and files inside.
Use you favorite homebrew launcher to start the game. It comes with everything you need to start playing right away.
Note: This game takes quite long to load (~15 seconds). But it is worth the wait!
The public domain graphics and sound sets from www.openttd.org are included.
If you want the choice to also use the original dos game graphics and sounds, copy over the files
SAMPLE.CAT TRHCOM.GRF TREND.GRF TRTITLE.GRF TRG1.GRF TRGC.GRF TRGH.GRF TRGI.GRF TRGT.GRF
from an original TTD game to
- To install the original music, copy over all files
gm/gm_ttxx.gm (xx are numbers)
from the folder
gm from the original windows version of the game to
You then get the choice to select
original dos graphics, sounds, and music when you go to the game settings dialog.
- Left analog stick = mouse pointer control
- D-Pad or right analog stick = scrolling the map.
- A/right trigger = left mouse click
- B/left trigger = right mouse click
- Y = zoom-in
- X = zoom-out
- Hold ZL = speed up analog joystick mouse
- Hold ZR = slow down analog joystick mouse, useful to precisely position the pointer
- Minus = switch button mappings between two presets: ZL/ZR = slow/fast mouse and Y/X = zoom, or ZL/ZR = zoom and Y/X = slow/fast mouse
- Double click A / double click right trigger over a text field = bring up on-screen keyboard
- The touch screen is used for indirect mouse input, like on a laptop touchpad. Move a single finger to move the mouse pointer. Use short tap for left click. Hold a single finger while tapping a second finger for right click. Drag with two fingers to drag and drop.
- No network support
git clone https://github.com/rsn8887/libtimidity cd libtimidity/src/ make -f Makefile.switch cp libtimidity.a $DEVKITPRO/portlibs/switch/lib/ cp timidity.h $DEVKITPRO/portlibs/switch/include/ cp ../libtimidity.pc $DEVKITPRO/portlibs/lib/pkgconfig/
Download https://www.oberhumer.com/opensource/lzo/download/lzo-2.10.tar.gz and extract, then
cd lzo-2.10 ./configure CFLAGS='-fPIC' CXXFLAGS='-fPIC' --host aarch64-none-elf --prefix $DEVKITPRO/portlibs/switch/ --disable-shared --enable-static make clean make -j12 make install
Download and extract xz-5.2.4.tar.gz from https://tukaani.org/xz/ , then
cd xz-5.2.4 ./configure CFLAGS='-fPIC' CXXFLAGS='-fPIC' --enable-threads=no --host aarch64-none-elf --prefix $DEVKITPRO/portlibs/switch/ --disable-shared --enable-static cd src/liblzma make clean make -j12 make install
Then configure and build OpenTTD from my switch branch:
git clone https://github.com/rsn8887/openttd git checkout switch PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DEVKITPRO/portlibs/switch/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --os=SWITCH --host aarch64-none-elf --enable-static --prefix=/opt/devkitpro --with-sdl="pkg-config sdl2" --without-fontconfig --disable-strip --without-threads --with-libtimidity --enable-debug=0 make -j12 cd os/switch git clean -f cmake ./ -D make openttd_switch.zip
openttd_switch.zip can be found in cmake/
- fix right click drag scrolling
- re-compile with libnx v2.2.0 to fix potential crashes with firmware 8.0.x
- bundle with working AI compatibility script files (fixes AI crashing)
- bundle with pre-installed AI opponents and support library scripts
- compile with lzma and lzo2 compression libraries to allow loading old compressed savegames/scenarios
- hold ZR / ZL for slow / fast mouse to make it easier to position the pointer with the left stick
- correctly display free disk space in load/save dialogs
- press minus to switch button mappings between two presets: ZL/ZR = slow/fast mouse, Y/X = zoom, or ZL/ZR = zoom, Y/X = slow/fast mouse
- music is now working
- improve smoothness of mouse pointer motion
- reduce analog joystick deadzone for better mouse pointer control
- update graphics and sound files to latest freeware versions from www.openttd.org
- enable cursor key map scrolling on USB keyboard
- enabled mouse wheel zoom
- initial Switch release based on latest nightly