RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the R programming language. Some of its features include:
- Customizable workbench with all of the tools required to work with R in one place (console, source, plots, workspace, help, history, etc.).
- Syntax highlighting editor with code completion.
- Execute code directly from the source editor (line, selection, or file).
- Full support for authoring Sweave and TeX documents.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and has a community-maintained FreeBSD port.
- Can also be run as a server, enabling multiple users to access the RStudio IDE using a web browser.
For more information on RStudio please visit the project website.
Getting the Code
RStudio is licensed under the AGPLv3, the terms of which are included in the file COPYING. You can find our source code repository on GitHub at https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio.
For information on how to use RStudio check out our online documentation.
For documentation on running your own RStudio Server see the server getting started guide.
See also the following files included with the distribution:
- COPYING - RStudio license (AGPLv3)
- NOTICE - Additional open source software included with RStudio
- SOURCE - How to obtain the source code for RStudio
- INSTALL - How to build and install RStudio from source