- Ensure that bering can initialize a clean database using PostgreSQL 9's JDBC adapter. (GH-3)
- SeparateApplicationContextBeringContextListener now supports
context-relative paths in the
bering-allparent artifact removed.
- Build switched to Buildr from Maven 2.
- Project moved to Github from Google Code.
- Correct resolution of external scripts inside jars when the path to the jar has spaces in it. (#4)
- Foreign key support using the "references" parameter when adding a column to a new or existing table.
- Explicit override of the generated FK constraint name using the "referenceName" parameter.
- MS SQL Server dialect. (Contributed by Eric Wyles.)
- Implemented workaround for incorrect URL generation for scripts on Windows
Modified default migrationsDir property for all maven mojos to work around bug in Maven. (Maven's javadoc indicates that the Directory of a FileSet is interpreted relative to the POM, but the resources plugin [at least] does not behave this way.)
- Maven plugin can be provided connection configuration using a class which implements DataSourceProvider. (This is an alternative to plain JDBC properties.)
- Dialect parameter no longer required. If not provided, Bering will try to guess which of its built-in dialects to use.
- Added "external" migration function for executing external sql scripts located alongside your migration scripts.
- Added BeringContextListener and DeployedMigrator for automatically running migrations at web application startup.
- Added SpringBeringContextListener implementation of BeringContextListener for use in applications which use a Spring WebApplicationContext.
- Added SeparateApplicationContextBeringContextListener implementation of BeringContextListener for deployments where the main application context is dependent on the schema being up to date.
- Added "resources" goal to maven plugin -- automatically registers your migrations directory as a resource path for seamless deployment alongside your classes.
- Added "numeric" column type.
- Better exception handling / reporting in maven plugin
- Refactored script discovery to support different ways of accessing migrations. Initial implementation supports file-based loading.
- Added support for loading migrations scripts from the classpath.
- Initial release. Includes support for PostgreSQL, Oracle, and HSQLDB.