Visual Intrigue Source Code
This is the source code for the visual intrigue project. The entire project is written in Python using Flask. All this code currently runs [Visual Intrigue]|(http://visualintrigue.com), my photography blog. I have kept the project small, and manageable by decoupling parts of the application into smaller micro-services. There is a small service that provices database access. There will be other services as the need arises.
- Responsive design using the latest twitter bootstrap 4.
- Mobile first, everything looks nice on your phone
- Lightweight, not a lot of bloat
- Uses Amazon S3 for image storage, but can be adapted to use Amazon cloud front
- Uses a services based backend for all data requests to properly abstract code away from database implementation
You can check out the examples here
- Front Page -> http://visualintrigue.com
- Story -> http://visualintrigue.com/stories/rialto-beach
- Image View -> http://visualintrigue.com/photo/where-did-the-first-stack-go
All code is released under the GPLv2 license. Yes that is right, you are welcome to use this code for your projects.
- Look at using VIPS for image processing.
- Look at openseadragon for implementing deep zoom.
- Updating image processing architecture to be asynchronous and more scalable.
- Automation of deployment using CI pipeline