FastWeb C++ Web Framework
A web framework written in C++.
There are currently no example projects.
An example of a website running the FastWeb C++ Web Framework in production is my personal website: https://szibele.com/
The motivation behind the FastWeb C++ Web Framework is to create a web framework which is both fast in execution and development speed similar to ASP .Net. The FastWeb C++ Web Framework is built upon the POCO C++ libraries.
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" . make all install
Documentation is provided using doxygen:
Once completed you can view the doc/html/index.html documentation.
TODO: Test cases need to be added.
TODO List / Ideas
There is still a lot open:
- configuration file
- port settings
- threads etc.
- HTTPS certificate
- directory settings
- debug log (?)
- access log
- error log (information / warning / errors -> optional exception backtrace)
- session management
caching-> supported through ActionCachedResult
- HTTPS (doesn't POCO already support this?)
- easy database integration (?)
- currently possible with POCO without much effort, the question is, do we want to create a structured system to be able to work even more easily with the database?
- better templating (?) -> currently POCO JSON Template
- not bad and the performance is quite good
- template iheritance needed (?)
- currently the only solution is to create a sub-template for everything and re-use them, inheritance would reduce the amount of includes required
- escape functions needed in the templates (?)
- automatic testing
- preferably Google Test
Contributions are always welcome. If you wish to contact me, send me a private message here on github or shoot me an e-mail.