Israel School-Vacation with HomeAssistant Sensor Custom Component
Get Israel School Vacation in HomeAssistant
This sensor checks whether today is a day off from school or not. The sensor is divided into two types, elementary school and high school. In Israel, the vacation begins on 22.06 in high school, while in elementary school the vacation begins on 01.07. Therefore there is a separation that allows the creation of separate automations for a school type.
It's very useful if you set a input_bolean in HA cause you can make automation that set if is vacation or not.. example :
- id: Set_School_Mode_Off alias: Set School Mode Off trigger: - platform: state entity_id: sensor.school_is_elementary_vacation to: 'True' condition:  action: - data: entity_id: input_boolean.school_auto service: input_boolean.turn_off
Guide How to use it
- First need to create folder "school_holidays" in your HomeAssistant config /custom_components folder
- Copy python file "sensor.py , manifest.json , init.py " to the HA config /custom_components/school_holidays/ folder.
- Now you need to add those lines in HA sensor.yaml (if you separates your configs file) / :
- platform: school_holidays elementary_school: True high_school: True resources: - is_high_vacation - is_elementary_vacation - summary
And if you want to use it with input_boolean here is the example to add to input_boolean.yaml file:
school_auto: name: School Mode icon: mdi:school
Or if all yours HA configuration in configurtion.yaml file , use this example:
sensor: - platform: school_holidays elementary_school: True high_school: True resources: - is_high_vacation - is_elementary_vacation - summary input_boolean: school_auto: name: School Mode icon: mdi:school
elementary_school: get True when vacation and False if not high_school: get True when vacation and False if not
Sensor Views Options :
- in group.yaml:
school: name: "מצב לימודים" view: no entities: - sensor.school_summary - input_boolean.school_auto
- Or in ui-lovelace.yaml :
- type: entities title: "בית ספר" show_header_toggle: false entities: - sensor.school_summary - input_boolean.school_auto
- All sensors icon already set , but you can always customize them..