License: GPL v2 or later
Adds multimedia features to your BuddyPress based social network. Support mobile devices.& audio/video conversion.
BuddyPress Media adds multimedia features to your BuddyPress based social network, so that your members can upload and share photos, audio and videos with their friends.
- Images, Audio and Video Support
- Uploading Photos/Videos via mobile (Tested on iPhone running iOS6)
- HTML5 player (with fall back to flash/silverlight player support)
- Automatic conversion of common audio & video formats to mp3/mp4. via Premium Add-On
- Kaltura Integration (work already started).
- Paid membership plans, i.e. "Upload Quota" for buddypress members (in planning stage).
BuddyPress Media Plugin
Install the plugin from the 'Plugins' section in your dashboard (Go to
Plugins > Add New > Search and search for BuddyPress Media).
Alternatively, you can download the plugin from the repository. Unzip it and upload it to the plugins folder of your WordPress installation (
wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation).
Activate it through the 'Plugins' section.
BuddyPress Media Add-ons
It also supports many video formats including *.avi, *.mkv, *.asf, *.flv, *.wmv, *.rm, *.mpg. It also supports many audio formats including *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wav, *.aac, *.m4a, *.wma.
You can purchase it from here.
Important: bpm-ffmpeg addon needs free & open-source Media Node.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit BuddyPress Media's FAQ page.
Please visit BuddyPress Media's Features page.
- Fixed the postmeta box bug
- Added video thumbnail support for addons.
- Updated the MediaElementJS player library.
- Fixed file uploading via iPhone.
- Changed some default values and normalized all files with end of file as line feed only
- Some changes in readme file
- Added necessary hooks & filters to support buddypress-media add-on creation.
- Support for video format added including *.avi, *.mkv, *.asf, *.flv, *.wmv, *.rm, *.mpg.
- Support for audio format added including *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wav, *.aac, *.m4a, *.wma.
- Added remaining modules of getID3 php library
- Added checking for MP3 filetype and its content before uploading
- Added a few filters and actions for addon support
- Fixed the short open tag bug
- Delete functionality fixed
- Edit functionality for Media Title and Media Description
- Admins can manage which media types to allow
- Replaced codec finding library
- Fixed warning on activities page
- Integration into BuddyPress Activities
- HTML5 Audio Tag Support (with fallback)
- HTML5 Video Tag Support (with fallback)