Read the Docs - Docker Images
These are the Docker image definitions used by the Read the Docs build environments to encapsulate the build process.
You can find these images on Docker Hub, on the readthedocs/build repository:
- Deprecated Ubuntu 14.04 based image
- Deprecated Ubuntu 14.04 based image, plus .NET
- stable Ubuntu 16.04 based image. This is the stable image previously used
- latest Ubuntu 16.04 supporting Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6. This is the latest default image supported by Read the Docs
- testing Ubuntu 18.04 release candidate supporting Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7. For internal development testing only, not available for public usage yet.
To use the pre-built images, you can pull from Docker Hub:
docker pull readthedocs/build:latest
You can also compile these images locally:
docker build -t readthedocs/build:testing .
See CONTRIBUTING for more information on building and testing.