Welcome to Read The Docs
Read the Docs hosts documentation for the open source community. It supports Sphinx docs written with reStructuredText, and can pull from your Subversion, Bazaar, Git, and Mercurial repositories. Then we build documentation and host it for you. Think of it as Continuous Documentation.
Documentation for RTD
You will find complete documentation for setting up your project at the Read the Docs site.
You can find information about contributing to Read the Docs at our Contribution page
Quickstart for GitHub-Hosted Projects
By the end of this quickstart, you will have a new project automatically updated when you push to GitHub.
- Create an account on Read the Docs. You will get an email verifying your email address which you should accept within 7 days.
- Log in and click on "Import".
- Give your project a name, add the HTTPS link for your GitHub project, and select Git as your repository type.
- Fill in the rest of the form as needed and click "Create".
- On GitHub, navigate to your repository and click on "Settings".
- In the sidebar, click on "Web Hooks & Services", then find and click on the "ReadTheDocs" service.
- Check the "Active" setting and click "Update Settings".
- All done. Commit away and your project will auto-update.