#IE Upgrade Warning
The ie-upgrade-warning is a little script (8kb) that displays a warning message politely informing the user to upgrade the browser to a newer version (links to newest IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome are provided).
The webpage is still visible behind a transparent background, but access to it is prevented. The idea is to force users to upgrade from IE and avoid the website from a bad reputation that website is not rendering correctly in IE6.
Look at the index.html file for example. This is a work in progress, as I'm refactoring someone else's code.
- major re-organization to reduce code size
- renamed project to ie-upgrade-warning (since other browsers are really good at keep users up to date)
- fixed display on IE7 and newer browsers
- cleaned up
- optimize images and made into sprite
- Fixed JS Lint errors
- Parameterized configObj so that you can set an imgPath as well as localizations lookup object