…sfw if title does not contain "nsfw"
subreddit's front page
to make /r/foo/comments work
* Add a new Cassandra CF for comment-sort caching * Add JSONP support * Support non-auto-renewing PayPal IPNs * Gold accounting * Gold features: comments tracking, larger comment limit * Autorenewing gold * Google checkout support * Profile-page sorting for all * Title-text on the logo * Hardcache sharding and profiling * Self serve enhancements * Add /r/foo/faq * Make self-centred reddits allow for more verbose selftext * Much better down-handling of databases * Add the ability to take a thread-dump from a running process * Remove the comscore tracker * Add comments to modqueue (does not back-populate)
* Use Flaptor's Indextank product for search, including santip's patch * for their new API * Add Cassandra ConsistencyLevels to the ini file, and storage-conf.xml * to the public repo * Patch contributed by umbrae in ticket #929: Add jumpToContent support * for Keyboard Accessibility * reddit gold - paypal/postcard support - friends with benefits - profile-page sorting for gold members - move domain listings into the permacache
* no-repeat on some background images in the sprite (#797) * fix deleted comments on the mobile site -- preserve author anonymity (#624 * faulty permalinks on pages with all unicode title (#776) * no more spreadshirt * reorganize comment_tree and _builder.pyx to clean up cache handling * fix styling for Bug #78 * Improve handling of /r/all+all (bug #699), etc (not always a 400 now) * Fix the time listings: sometimes we get passed unicode for self.time * Don't allow private reddits to show in /r/random * Try to allow remote sites to show their own favicons in the reddit toolbar Speed improvements: * CommentBuilder refactor rount 1: * create new sort and parent permacache entries so that we don't need to loa * update sorts and parents when a new comment comes in * update non-date sorts when a new comment vote comes in * add more trace info to timeouts in CommentBuilder * Some misc. performance hacks (incl. adding _utils.pyx) * Increase SR description box limit from 1k to 5k * Fix a bug where we weren't properly allowing hidden items to be hidden on time-filtered listings * Make Subreddit._by_name take a list of names like byID * Upload thumbs to S3 with reduced_redundancy==True * make rss feeds without a 'feed' get parameter act as if the user is not logged in * Require a boto that knows about reduced_redundancy * remove fast_queries from Message.add_props and put the onus on fetching the unread messages from the permacache * Store the list of popular subreddits in the permacache * make SubredditTopBar cacheable per-user. * add (as safe as we can make it) annotation for sql selects to track down requests hitting the db when they shouldn't be. User submitted features: * Merge and clean up Phire's selfs-only/no-selfs patch. * Don't show expired items on time-filtered controversy listings * Also add the 'hide' button to the toolbar just for breakneckridge. Next time someone calls me prickly, breakneckridge had better step up to the plate for me or I'm rolling it back.
==== * Uninstall the python Cassandra package that we previously depended on (it has a namespace conflict with the new package we depend on). To find it: $ python -c "import cassandra; print cassandra.__file__" and rm -r the .egg directory after "site-packages/" * This version relies on cython, so if "make" fails, you may have to install cython via your distro's package manager. $ cd reddit/r2 $ python setup.py develop # possibly with "sudo" depending on your install $ make * Cassandra is now required for the caching layer. An example storage-conf.xml can be found in reddit/srv/cassandra. Make sure that the additional <Keyspace> items are included in your conf file. * remove the query_queue_reader services if they are running. add new gen_time_listings.sh instead. Suggested cron: 0 */2 * * * $SCRIPTS/gen_time_listings.sh year '("month","year")' */5 * * * * $SCRIPTS/gen_time_listings.sh week '("day","week")' * * * * * $SCRIPTS/gen_time_listings.sh hour '("hour",)' where $SCRIPTS is the location of this script directory Features and Bugfixes ==== * Mobile reddit: * templates are in r2/templates of the form *.compact * css is r2/public/static/css/compact.css * beginning of a sass-based (http://sass-lang.com/) compact.scss * reachable via .compact extension or from the "i" subdomain. * Cassandra is now *required*, and votes are currently written out to both cassandra and postgres (part of an eventual migration). * attempt to make the db connection code a little smarter. * A dropped DB connection will mark the connection dead and randomly attempt to reconnect. * A dropped db connection on start will permanently mark the connection as dead. * Calculate the time-filtered top/controversy listings using mapreduce instead of prec_links (new cron job in reddit/scripts) * allow default user/pass for database to be specified with '*' to fallback on db_user and db_pass in the INI file * Search feedback buttons * make deleted comments not show up in your inbox. * move last_visited into cassandra * Swallow rare, race-conditiony POST_save/hide/subscribe problems * Apparently we haven't been breaking properly for the past few weeks.
…z all over the place * The error pages have been broken for the past week. * Fix /r/all+all * Provides about.json to the api for subreddits (it already works for users) * Make sure Accounts have data before checking their name and msgtime * new bigger arrows for mobile site and a the alien is fingerless now * Try to update the _fast_query_timestamps less often to alleviate some of the load it causes on the Accounts DB * Swallow rare, race-conditiony POST_save/hide/subscribe problems
* bugfixes in unicode handling * Nag nonparticpating jurors 20% of the time * fix thumbnails for sponsored links * non admins can't change the thumb of a live link * the uploader updates the status properly to 'saved'
…lation * bring discount up to date * fix consistency errors in the self-serve traffic page
* Make the new targeted self-serve promotion the default * add TheOatmeal's comic to our source. (http://www.theoatmeal.com) * add targetting * add rerunning or suplementing existing campaigns * move all sponsored link listings to be precomputed * deputy moderation * /about/trials and /about/modqueue * Have trials train the spam filter * Allow admins to see all trials, site-wide, at /r/all/about/trials * Allow trials to be ended while votes are still coming in when the jury opinion is near-unanimous * offload scraping to embed.ly * Use boto for s3cp instead of forking curl Additions: * migrated all graphs to use Flot * Implement per-user suspiciousness quota and print over-quota trace * Keep track of how many questionable links a user has outstanding at any given time * add links to the FAQ and walkthru * add a differnt thumbnail for self posts (thanks to licensplate) * Add some visual tracking for comments trees * Relabel: ban / unban => remove / approve * Use big remove / approve buttons when the listing relates to moderation, or when the item has reports or is on trial * Merge unban, ignore, and a new approve this non-banned link into one * Be a little smarter about the way we allow caching of subreddit stylesheets * make cassandra's cache chain cache negative results (and yes that commit message is bigger than the patch) * add All, friends, random, and mod to topbar * add a local render precache (optional) * better noimage.png from paradox460 * Add a 'legacy' mode to CMemcache that will allow us to use it as a drop-in replacement for testing purposes. Modifies python-memcached to use the same 'crc' hashing algorithm that pylibmc does, and removes a feature in python-memcached that we aren't using. Contributed by Joe Terranova <email@example.com> * Everyone sees cake * Added g.system_user Bugfixes: * improve validation of media embed, and remove a todo from link.py by putting all of the child div stuff in pages * Feed/JSON updates * Add selftext to RSS feeds * Add subreddit names to Comments in JSON * add is_self param to indicate self posts * Don't shade the background of child comments of spam * shorted the cache lifetime for AllSR to 1 min * Tell everyone that we actually own the trademarks we claim to own (footer update) * You no longer get an orange alien when one of your reddits sends an automated message to a user