Convertlets: Model Loader
The following are required configuration files in any production environment
- model.properties Please see the model package for model.properties configurations options.
- control.properties Please see the control package for control.properties configurations options.
- recommendation.properties Please see the recommendation pacakge for recommendation.properties configurations options
Convert Script Tags (setup.js and extras.js)
Just as Web Analytics applications uses a script tag to track general information about site traffic, the Convert client uses a similar methodology to manage a significantly broader set of dynamic capabilities with a single, unified tag, including:
- Track Visitor page and site activity
- Deliver custom content in the form of Convert Engagements
- Pass Visitor data (form responses, etc.) into Convert Visitor Records
- Track the results of every Convert Campaign
- Avoid placing this script within other HTML tags. (i.e. div,map,font, or even another script).
- NEVER enclose this script within form/form HTML tags.
Placing this script on every page ensures accurate and efficient functionality of the Convert software.
- This extras.js script MUST be implemented after the setup.js script in the previous step.
Shopping Cart Tagging
Shopping Cart tagging is optional however it allows us to collect shopping cart information for our analytics, recommendation and profiling engines
Initialize convert_cart. This step has to be done once per page. and should be on all shopping cart pages before any other shopping cart information is added
Add shopping cart variables.
On order Confirmation Page.
Below, we have provided script variables that are designed to extract variables such as Visitor's First Name, Last Name, Email, etc. These script variables need to be placed on any page where the variables are available. Please note that variables in the format of @@VariableName@@ will need to be replaced by real values.
We use these variables to collect information to allow Marketing Teams to create personalization campaigns for visitors using this data. You may want to consider additional variables (ex. zipcode, customertype, etc.) so they may be available for future campaign development. All captured data is stored in an individual visitor record, which can be used later as part of campaign definition, segmentation, email campaigs or other visitor communications.
Below is an example format for creating additional variables:
- variableName should be replaced with the name of the parameter.
- Replace variables like “@@value@@” with the corresponding value.