This script is designed to use the Jamf Pro API to identify the individual IDs of the macOS smart and static groups stored on a Jamf Pro server then do the following:
- Download the associated group information as XML
- Properly format the downloaded XML
- Identify the display name of the group.
- Identify if it was a smart or static group.
- Save the downloaded XML as
Group Name Here.xmlto a specified download directory, based on whether it was a smart or static group.
If setting up a specific user account with limited rights, here are the required API privileges for the account on the Jamf Pro server:
Jamf Pro Server Objects:
- Smart Computer Groups:
- Static Computer Groups: