Image uploader, annotator and voice describer
What is it?
It's a demo web application written using kotlin language for JVM. Essentially it's a website allowing user to upload pictures to GCP Storage, automatically annotate content using GCP Vision and even read it using TTS GCP Text-to-Speech
It highlights use of kotlin for backend, Google Cloud Platform APIs and kotlin type-safe html builder
What technologies does it use?
How to start this thing?
- Make sure you have java 8 installed
- Specify environment variables:
- GOOGLE_STORE_BUCKET - name of the bucket for pictures
- GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS - path to the json credentials file, as described in documentation
./gradlew runin project's root
- open your browser at http://localhost:9999
It's a demo project originally developed for demo for GDG Cloud London meetup by Ruslan Zaharov[ruX].