The most flexible and powerful gamification system for WordPress.
GamiPress is the easiest way to gamify your WordPress website in just a few minutes, letting you award your users with digital rewards for interacting with your site.
Easily define the achievements, organize requirements, and choose from a range of assessment options to determine whether each task or requirement has been successfully achieved.
GamiPress is extremely powerful and infinitely extensible. Check out some of the built in features:
3 powerful ways to award your users
GamiPress combines three of the most powerful award systems you could add to your site:
- Points to automatically award your users for interacting with your site.
- Achievements to award users for completing all the requirements, sequentially or otherwise.
- Ranks to let your users climb through the ranks by completing all the rank requirements.
Unlimited ways to define how to award the different points, achievements and ranks
- Site activity (triggers based on publishing posts and pages, commenting, daily visits or logging in to your site).
- Completing specific other achievements, once or a specified number of times.
- Completing one or all achievements of a specified type.
- Points thresholds.
- Admin awarded achievements.
- Reaching a specific rank.
- Expending an amount of points.
- Points Types: Configure as many types of points as you like (Credits, Gems, Coins, etc).
- Achievement Types: Configure as many types of achievement as you like (Quests, Badges, etc).
- Rank Types: Configure as many types of rank as you like (Level, Grade, etc).
- Automatic points awards and deductions: Easily configure automatic ways to award or deduct points to your users.
- Achievement steps: Define conditional steps, thresholds and more.
- Rank requirements: Define conditional requirements to reach any rank.
- Time limit requirements: Limit by time period when the user can complete a specific requirement (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly).
- Drag and drop controls: Powerful controls to setup your gamification environment in minutes.
- Emails: Your users will get notified automatically about new awards.
- Logs: Flexible log system with support for public and private logs.
- Unlock achievements and ranks using points: Let users to optionally unlock any achievement or rank by expending an amount of points without meet the requirements.
- Gutenberg blocks: Built-in support for Gutenberg including a great number of blocks to place them anywhere.
- Shortcodes & Widgets: WordPress-friendly shortcodes and widgets to show the user points wallet, earned achievements, latest logs, and more.
- Live shortcode editor: Missing a shortcode parameter? Just press the "GamiPress Shortcode" button and set up any shortcode without a worry.
- GDPR Support: Support for WordPress personal data exports and deletions.
- Theme Agnostic: GamiPress works with just about any standard WordPress theme. No special hooks or theme updates are needed.
- Templates System: Overwritable templates system to allow you customize everything you want through your GamiPress theme folder.
- Data centralization on Multisite: Centralize all the data on multisite installs and show anything you want on any sub-site.
- Rest API: Full support to WordPress rest API brings you new ways to connect GamiPress with external applications.
- Developer-friendly: GamiPress is extremely flexible with plenty of hooks to add custom features and functionalities.
Integrated with your favorites WordPress plugins
GamiPress integrates with a large number of plugins allowing you to add gamification in any environment.
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Ultimate Member
- Events Manager
- WP Ulike
- WP Polls
- WP PostRatings
Powerful add-ons to extend GamiPress
WordPress.org is home to some amazing extensions for GamiPress, including:
- Leaderboards Include/Exclude Users - Include or exclude specific users or roles on any GamiPress leaderboard.
- LearnDash Group Leaderboard - Automatically create a GamiPress leaderboard of LearnDash group members.
- BuddyPress Group Leaderboard - Add a new tab on BuddyPress groups with a GamiPress leaderboard of group members.
- PeepSo Group Leaderboard - Add a new tab on PeepSo groups with a GamiPress leaderboard of group members.
- Block Users - Block users and roles from getting awarded through the GamiPress awards engine.
- Notifications By Type - Set different notifications settings by type.
- Emails By Type - Set different emails settings by type.
- Multimedia Content - Add activity triggers based on multimedia content creation and interaction.
- Link - Add activity triggers based on link clicks generated by [gamipress_link].
- Activity by Category - Setup activity triggers by post categories on GamiPress.
If you’re looking for something endorsed and maintained by the developers who built GamiPress, there are a plethora of premium add-ons, the most popular of which include:
- Email Digests - Send email digests periodically to keep in touch with your users.
- Rest API Extended - New rest API endpoints to extend interaction between your gamification environment and external applications.
- Referrals - Add a complete referral system to award users who refer visitors and sign ups.
- Coupons - Create coupons that users can redeem for points, achievements and/or ranks.
- Points Exchanges - Let your users exchange points between different points types.
- Transfers - Allow your users to transfer points, achievements or ranks between them.
- Daily Login Rewards - Add daily rewards to perform your site visits.
- Reports - Live reports for a quick view of points in circulation, achievements earned and user ranks.
- Purchases - Allow your users purchase points, achievements or ranks access.
- Restrict Content - Limit access to any post or page based on GamiPress interactions.
- Notifications - Instantly notify of achievements, steps, points awards and/or ranks completion to your users.
- Progress Map - Add interactive achievements progress maps to your site.
- Progress - Attractively show to your users their progress of completion of any achievement.
- Leaderboards - Add leaderboards to intensify the gamification of your site.
- Social Share - Award your users for sharing your website content on social networks.
- GamiPress.com - GamiPress Official Website
- Add-ons - GamiPress Official Add-ons
- Assets - GamiPress Official Assets
- Documentation - GamiPress Official Documentation
- Code Snippets - GamiPress Official Code Snippets
- Contact - GamiPress Contact
- GitHub - GamiPress GitHub repository
From WordPress backend
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add new.
- Click the button "Upload Plugin" next to "Add plugins" title.
- Upload the downloaded zip file and activate it.
- Upload the downloaded zip file into your
- Unzip the uploaded zip file.
- Navigate to Plugins menu on your WordPress admin area.
- Activate this plugin.
Live shortcode editor appears in the toolbar of all WordPress content editor areas, allowing you to transform any page or post into part of your gamification system without referencing any of the shortcodes
Frequently Asked Questions
Is GamiPress compatible with any theme?
We built GamiPress so that it will work with modern WordPress themes. GamiPress just adds positional styles which will allow you to better customize everything for your specific needs.
Can GamiPress be easily translated?
Yes, GamiPress is stored in the official WordPress plugins repository where you (and anyone) are able to submit your own translations.
Does GamiPress work with WordPress multisite?
Yes. You can use GamiPress on a WordPress multisite network.
In addition, GamiPress has the ability to centralize all the data when is network wide active.
= Does GamiPress work with WordPress rest API? =
Yes. GamiPress includes full built-in support to the WordPress rest API.
You can find all information about rest API on this page.
Where can I find documentation about GamiPress?
Check the Getting Started docs where you can start getting familiarized with GamiPress.
Also, we have the tutorials sections where you can find step-by-step guides to accomplish some common task to start working with GamiPress.
= Where can I find images to customize the GamiPress elements? =
Check our assets section where you can find a huge number of resources to decorate your gamification elements to take the design of them to the next level.
Where can I find code snippets to customize GamiPress?
Check our customize section where you can find a huge number of code snippets to help you customize GamiPress.
Which shortcodes come bundled with GamiPress?
GamiPress comes with the following shortcodes:
- [gamipress_achievement] to display a desired achievement.
- [gamipress_achievements] to display a list of achievements.
- [gamipress_earnings] to display a list of user earnings.
- [gamipress_logs] to display a list of logs.
- [gamipress_points_types] to display a list of points types with their points awards and deducts.
- [gamipress_points] to display current or specific user points balance.
- [gamipress_rank] to display a desired rank.
- [gamipress_ranks] to display a list of ranks.
- [gamipress_user_rank] to display previous, current and/or next rank of an user.
In your WordPress admin area, navigate to the GamiPress Help/Support menu where you can find the full list of available shortcodes, including descriptions of all parameters each shortcode supports.
Which widgets come bundled with GamiPress?
GamiPress comes with the following widgets:
- Achievement: to display a desired achievement.
- Achievements: to display a list of achievements.
- User Earnings: to display a list of user earnings.
- Logs: to display a list of logs.
- Points Types: to display a list of points types with their points awards and deducts.
- User Points: to display current or specific user points balance.
- Rank: to display a desired rank.
- Ranks: to display a list of ranks.
- User Rank: to display previous, current and/or next rank of an user.
Do you offer custom development services?
No, We're unable to provide custom development services, as our focus is developing the core GamiPress plugin, and the official GamiPress add-ons. If you need customization services check our customizations page.
Also, you can check our customize section where you can find a huge number of code snippets to help you customize GamiPress!
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed required times check on steps that achievement can be earned multiples times.
- Fixed requirements connected to column (just visible if debug mode is enabled).
- Developer Notes
- Added new helper functions.
- Moved functions on new files to improve project organization.
- New Features
- Added a new tool named "Import/Export Setup" that allows import/export GamiPress setup (points types, achievements, steps, ranks, etc).
- Added the ability to Import/Export Setup tool to import attachments downloading them on directly to the server, if possible.
- Added the ability to deduct points, revoke achievements or ranks through the CSV import tool by adding the negative sign "-".
- Bug Fixes
- Prevent to display removed or unpublished achievements on gamipress_get_user_achievements() function.
- Prevent to add empty shortcode attributes on through the shortcodes editor.
- Added a confirmation message when revoking an user earning.
- Improvements on the Widgets API that handles much better widget setup of external fields.
- Style improvements on tools and settings screens.
- Updated MySQL minimum requirement to meet WordPress recommendations.
- Added more information to the System Info tool.
- Update user assigned ranks and points balances when manually award or revoke anything.
- Developer Notes
- Added helper functions to easily build a shortcode attributes array based on values given.
- Updated plugin updater class for non wordpress.org plugins.
- Reset public changelog (moved old changelog to changelog.txt file).
- Set GamiPress 1.7.0 as new stable release! :)