Node Box Editor
Use this editor to make nodeboxes for nodes in Minetest.
To do list and bug tracker is here: https://github.com/rubenwardy/NodeBoxEditor/issues?state=open
Created by rubenwardy.
GPL 3.0 or later.
- Kaeza: small Linux based fixes, and the start of the CMakeLists.txt (now modified)
- Traxie21: small changed textures for node.
- jmf: Fixed small compile bug fixes.
- ShadowNinja: Unlimited node boxes, code style, refactoring and small fixes.
- Krock/SmallJoker: Fixed warnings, fixed conf_cmake.hpp and Windows builds.
- asl97: Fixed a memory leak.
If I forgot anyone, please let me know.
For notes on compiling the editor, see docs/developers.md
Using the editor
What actions you can take are limited by which mode / tool you are in.
- Use WASD to move the perspective view.
- Use the options under view to pick which viewport to show.
- Use the mode icon on the top left of the screen to change modes / tools.
- Click the icon to pop out a list of modes / tools.
- Click an icon to select the corresponding mode.
- Press N to enter the node tool.
- Press B to enter the node box tool.
- Press T to enter the texture tool.
- Open Project - discard the current project and open a new one.
- Save Project - save the current project.
- Export - export the project to Lua, or other formats supported.
- Exit - exit the editor.
- Limiting - toggle whether node boxes can go outside of node boundaries.
- Snapping - toggle whether node boxes will snap to a 16 pixel grid.
- View - use these options to change the viewport (tiled, or make a viewport fullscreen).
- Project - options unique to an tool.
- About - see program's version, and credits.
Node Box Tool
In this mode / tool, you can edit the contents of a node. Icon: A blue cube with a chunk taken out of it.
- Click + on the sidebar to add a node box. (or press insert)
- Click an item in the listbox to select a node box. (or press up/down)
- Click - on the sidebar to remove the selected node box. (or press delete)
- Size the node box using the handles in the orthographic viewports.
- Scale the node box by pressing control, and using the handles in the orthographic viewports.
- Position the node box by pressing shift, and using the handles in the orthographic viewports.
- Enter properties for a node box in the text boxes on the side bar.
- Click update to apply your changes.
- Click revert to discard your changes, and get the current properties.
In this mode / tool, you can create multiple nodes and manage them. Icon: A yellow cube.
- Click + on the sidebar to add a node. (or press insert)
- Click an item in the listbox to select a node. (or press up/down)
- Click - on the sidebar to remove the selected node. (or press delete)
In this mode / tool, you can edit the textures of a node. Icon: Red, green and blue cube.
- Click a face in the side bar to open up the texture dialog.
- Click import to import an texture.
- Type the location relative to the NBE root if a portable build, or relative to the home directory if installed.
- Click export to export the currently selected texture to the nbe root folder if portable, or the home directory if installed.
- Click an texture in the list box to select it.
- Click apply to apply the selected texture to the side of the node.
Saving and Exporting
The editor can currently save and export to several formats.
- Node Box Editor file (nbe) - The file unique to this editor. General save / open format.
- Lua file (lua) - Exports code which could be installed as a mod. Use when you want to run in Minetest.
- Minetest Classic (cpp) - Exports code to be used in Minetest Classic. Use when you want to run in Minetest Classic.