A Gosu implementation for Adroid devices.
Install ruboto and create a project.
With this installation method you will have a clean enviroment (bundler) to make your gosu games.
- Create a file named
Gemfile.apkin your ruboto project and add the lines:
source "http://rubygems.org" gem 'gosu_android'
- Create a folder inside
drawable-nodpiand copy this file in it. On linux you can do it easily with:
mv character_atlas8.png res/drawable-nodpi
With this installation method you will have a dirty enviroment (simple file copy) to try the samples.
gem install gosu_android
As with ruboto, place yourself in the root directory of your app.
- Then execute
gosu_android --addto automatically copy every gosu_android file to your ruboto project. It will also copy all the media files that are use in gosu_android examples.
- This is still an early effort, so there are a number of features that had not yet been added.
- There are some known bugs that I hope to fix soon.
- In its current status there are some small changes to Gosu Window initialization, check examples.
- A new object with some basic physics has been added, check out the wiki to learn more.
- When using several audio files double check that all have the same codification or you could get:
E/MediaPlayer(16127): Unable to to create media player