Hot Bunnies is an idiomatic, fast and well-maintained (J)Ruby DSL on top of the RabbitMQ Java client. It strives to combine strong parts of the Java client with over 3 years of Ruby amqp gem development experience.
- Concurrency support on the JVM is excellent, with many tools & approaches available. Lets make use of it.
- RabbitMQ Java client is rock solid and supports every RabbitMQ feature. Very nice.
- It is screaming fast thanks to all the heavy duty being done in the pretty efficient & lightweight Java code.
- It uses synchronous APIs where it makes sense and asynchronous APIs where it makes sense. Some other Ruby RabbitMQ clients only use one or the other.
- amqp gem has certain amount of baggage it cannot drop because of backwards compatibility concerns. Hot Bunnies is a clean room design, much more open to radical new ideas.
- Someone just had to come up with a library called Hot Bunnies. Are your bunnies hot?
Hot Bunnies is not
- A replacement for the RabbitMQ Java client
- An attempt to re-create 100% of the amqp gem API on top of the Java client
- A "work queue" like Resque
- A cure for cancer
CI is hosted by travis-ci.org
MIT, see LICENSE in the repository root
Theo Hultberg, Michael Klishin, 2011-2012.