Ruby 25th anniversary messages
Ruby was born on the 24th of February, 1993, so this will be the 25th birthday. We will hold an event celebrating Ruby, and talking about Ruby's past, present, and future on the 24th of February 2018 in Tokyo.
We're also holding an event on the web to collect messages for Ruby from Rubyists around the world.
About the message
- About Ruby
- We don't have a constraint on the details of the message, but it's good to write about the past, present, or future.
- License: CC BY-SA
- However, the event has a code of conduct, and it applies to the messages too.
There're 2 ways.
1. GitHub Flavored Markdown
GitHub Flavored Markdown: https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/
Please place big files like an image or movie outside of the repository, to prevent repository size from getting huge.
file format: github markdown
file name: id_or_name.language.md (example: igaiga.en.md)
- "language" is used ISO 639-1 code. English is "en".
There is a template file, but you can write freely without the template.
2. Write in your blog page
You can write on your blog. Make your file with your URL. File name and format rules are same as "1. GitHub Flavored Markdown".
Send your pull request to the "ruby-no-kai/ruby25" Github repository.
- Make a pull request and put your submission file into root directory in the "ruby-no-kai/ruby25" Github repository.
- Your file name should be in the format "id_or_name.language.md".
We'll publish the message page around 1st Feb., 2018. There's a possibility it might be late with that publishing.
Ruby 25th anniversary event executive committee