Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the rbot wiki, here you will find end user and developer documentation. Rbot is a IRC Bot written in ruby, to get an idea of what rbot is capable of see a list of features or an example session. Rbot is dual licensed MIT+ack or GPLv2.
Right now there is no current release of rbot so the best way to get it is through git, checkout the ruby-rbot/rbot (master) repository on github. Using git you can download this repository locally and easily keep it up-to-date.
The current development version is pretty stable, solves lots of issues which are present in the last releases 0.9.15 and 0.9.10, also providing lots of new exciting features. Download a copy of the repository with
git clone git://github.com/ruby-rbot/rbot.git
You can run rbot by the
launch_here.rb script in the resulting
rbot/ directory, but first make sure to fulfill the prerequisites (see install guide).
To update your copy at a later date run
from the rbot directory.
If you are for some reason unable to use git directly you can also download a snapshot of the repository as a zip archive.
Help Using Rbot
- The Detailed Install Guide, helps with getting the bot up and running.
- The Migration Guide, read if you are upgrading from an earlier version.
- If you have trouble the Troubleshooting page might already address your problem.
- Using Rbot, a general introduction to using Rbot.
- Help using the configuration system.
- Documentation of rbots authentication and permission system.
- Help with specific plugins: Reaction, Quiz, RSS, ...
Here you'll find technical help for rbot and plugin development:
- The API Documentation
- Using GIT
- Introduction to Plugin Development
- Detailed documentation of the permission system
- Filters allow to declare data streams and filters to modify them in a modular way.
- The Integrated Web Service
- To report bugs use the Issue Tracker at github.
- IRC: If you want to get in touch with other rbot users or developers join #rbot on chat.freenode.net (webchat). If you want to try it for yourself, there is a running
rbotinstance that runs the latest version (also named
User Group: To subscribe sent a mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org, unsubscribe with