Welcome to the rbot wiki, here you will find end user and developer documentation. Rbot is a IRC Bot written in ruby, to get an idea of what rbot is capable of see a list of features or an example session. Rbot is dual licensed MIT+ack or GPLv2.
Right now there is no current release of rbot so the best way to get it is through git, checkout the ruby-rbot/rbot (master) repository on github. Using git you can download this repository locally and easily keep it up-to-date.
The current development version is pretty stable, solves lots of issues which are present in the last releases 0.9.15 and 0.9.10, also providing lots of new exciting features. Download a copy of the repository with
git clone git://github.com/ruby-rbot/rbot.git
You can run rbot by the
launch_here.rb script in the resulting
rbot/ directory, but first make sure to fulfill the prerequisites (see install guide).
To update your copy at a later date run
from the rbot directory.
If you are for some reason unable to use git directly you can also download a snapshot of the repository as a zip archive.
Help Using Rbot
- The Detailed Install Guide, helps with getting the bot up and running.
- The Migration Guide, read if you are upgrading from an earlier version.
- If you have trouble the Troubleshooting page might already address your problem.
- Using Rbot, a general introduction to using Rbot.
- Help using the configuration system.
- Documentation of rbots authentication and permission system.
- Help with specific plugins: Reaction, Quiz, RSS, ...
Here you'll find technical help for rbot and plugin development:
- The API Documentation
- Using GIT
- Introduction to Plugin Development
- Detailed documentation of the permission system
- Filters allow to declare data streams and filters to modify them in a modular way.
- The Integrated Web Service
- To report bugs use the Issue Tracker at github.
- IRC: If you want to get in touch with other rbot users or developers join #rbot on chat.freenode.net (webchat). If you want to try it for yourself, there is a running
rbotinstance that runs the latest version (also named
User Group: To subscribe sent a mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org, unsubscribe with