The Ruby community's gem host.
- Provide a better API for dealing with gems
- Create more transparent and accessible project pages
- Enable the community to improve and enhance the site
Please see the wiki for the latest contribution guidelines.
To get setup, please check out the Development Setup.
Our deployment process is documented on the wiki as well, there's a multi-step Checklist to run through.
RubyGems.org consists of a few major parts:
- Rails app: To manage users and allow others to view gems, etc.
- Sinatra app (Hostess): the gem server
- Gem processor: Handles incoming gems and storing them in S3 (production) or
on the filesystem in
RubyGems.org uses the MIT license. Please check the LICENSE file for more details.