This is an idea that came up during a break at a daylong session at Lone Star Ruby Conference and I quick registered the domain name. I thought it would be fun to find people who are willing to pair program in your area. So this is this start of such a project. Hopefully I can find others to help me with it and get it going (and keep me on it).
- Page where Developers can login and make a profile, including the following:
- twitter, linked in profiles, github
- areas of code you like (tests, views, database, etc)
- city, state (optional)
- prefer in-person, online pair programming, or either
- link to coderwall
- Comment on profile (talk positively how it was to pair with that person)
- Maybe a reward system (stars? rubyies?) that people can award someone who was helpful. Maybe sponsors can offer prizes.
Setting up development environment
- Get a Github account and press Fork
- Clone your repo
git clone email@example.com:username/rubypair.git
cd rubypair gem install bundler bundle install cp config/app_config.yml.example config/app_config.yml
- Register your app with Github to make authentication work
- Main URL for development may vary, mine is
http://localhost:3000since I just use Webrick
- Callback URL is
http://localhost:3000/auth/github/callbackadjust your accordingly.
- Update your
config/app_config.ymlwith values supplied from Github's OAUTH app registration
- Install MongoDB. We recommend using homebrew