ruma-signatures has been significantly revamped and contains many breaking changes.
Signaturestypes have been removed.
- Verifier types have been removed from the public API. Verification is now handled by free functions that automatically determine the correct verification algorithm.
Hosttype is no longer part of the API, and has been removed as a reexport.
sign_jsonnow takes a signing entity ID as a parameter.
sign_jsonnow mutates the JSON in-place instead of returning a signature.
verify_jsonnow takes a map of public keys to use for verification.
to_canonical_jsonhas been renamed
- Event signing and verification is now implemented via the
- Content hashes of events can be generated with the new
- Reference hashes of events can be generated with the new
- Events can be redacted with the new
- Expanded documentation and examples.
- Added many new test cases.
- Removed dependencies on the