Grayscale Theme for Hugo
This is a multi-section single page theme intended as a landing page. This is derived from the startbootstrap-grayscale theme.
The Hugo Grayscale theme is a one page theme designed to be the front page to your site. Its content is populated via the front-matter in
content/_index.md. The page consists of, in order:
- a navbar at top linking to the other sections, and other arbitrary links
- an intro section presenting a header title and into text with background image
- an about section presenting a header and text with black background
- a download section presenting header and text with background image
- a contact section presenting header and text with black background
The section names show up as the links in the navbar, so you may wish to rename them if, for example, you're not using it for the purpose suggested by the default section name.
The background images are selected by filename - the intro section image must be named "intro-bg.jpg" and placed in the "static/img/" directory for your site. Similarly, the downloads section image must be named "downloads-bg.jpg" and placed in the "static/img/" directory for your site. See the default images in the theme's static directory for file size reference.
Check out the exampleSite
content/_index.md for a full-featured example, or look below...
Drop it in your site's themes folder, then modify your site config file to specify the theme
grayscale, or use the
-t grayscale command line switch.