Generation of realistic textures using ESRGAN models for image super-resolution. This example reads low resolution textures, enhances them, and sends its output to TouchDesigner.
Running the Example
- Download the project folder.
- Open Runway and create a workspace with the ESRGAN model. Check the docs for tutorials and additional information.
- Select File as input, and open the included
- Select Network as output and run the model.
- Open the EnhanceTextures.toe file and press 'F1' to enter performance mode.
- Click on the
Getfield and input the port from Runway's HTTP server (e.g.
- Selecting a texture:
- In Runway: Select the texture to enhance from the input list.
- In Touchdesigner: Click on the folder icon
📂next to the
Filefield and select the same texture. This operation will load the original file and receive the enhanced texture from Runway.
- Repeat steps i. and ii. to load different textures.
- Press 'Esc' to leave performance mode.
- At the moment, Touchdesigner requires selecting the texture in both apps. Future Runway features should facilitate simpler interaction flows.
- Keep an eye on the output folder (
ESRGAN), which will auto-save the enhanced textures.
- If you have any issues, press
Alt+Tand check the python console.
- The textures in the
imagesfolder are part of the mini8x texture pack by D00Med (Licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0).
Add Your Own Images
- Simply add your own texture files to the
- Alternatively, select a texture in a different location in both Runway and Touchdesigner.