Various of my and Andy Koenig's perl CPAN yml and patches. srezic and
Steffen Schwigon also collect some.
This belongs into
perldoc CPAN for more details.
Lot of these patches contain fixes for wrong returnop parsing, -Dfortify_inc fixes and for cperl-specific types with Test::More.
The distroprefs system of
CPAN allows the user to specify
extra informations and recipes in YAML files to either
patch broken distros
pass additional arguments to one of the four commands,
set environment variables
instantiate an Expect object that reads from the console, waits for some regular expressions and enters some answers
temporarily override assorted "CPAN.pm" configuration variables
specify dependencies the original maintainer forgot
disable the installation of an object altogether
See the YAML files that come with the
CPAN distribution in the
distroprefs/ directory for examples.
cd ~ git clone https://github.com/rurban/distroprefs mv distroprefs/* ~/.cpan/ mv distroprefs/.git* ~/.cpan/
cd ~/.cpan ln -s sources/authors/id/R/RU/RURBAN/patches patches
- Keep patches as subdir of authors. E.g.
- Keep them for older releases
- yml name:
- Delete outdated ymls. The AUTHOR part is questionable.
- No way yet to handle and merge distroprefs from multiple sources. git fork and merge?
- Either the patch or the yml should keep the CPAN RT ticket number, e.g. [CPAN #nnnnnn]