WannaCry Outbreak Data (12 May 2017 - 19 May 2017)
On this repository
Complete data about ransom payments for the WannaCry outbreak in Europa, starting as soons as its beginning on Friday, May 12, 2017.
The ransomware was asking for bitcoins on three addresses :
On Thursday, August 3, 2017, attackers cleaned out all addresses. The attack can be seen as definitively over.
Complete article in French available here
- Number of infected hosts : 200000, according to Europol
- Ransoms paid : est. 259 (26-08-17, 22:45 CET)
- Ratio ransom paid / infected hosts : 0.1295%
- Total paid : est. 51.92 BTC (80000€ at the time of the outbreak)
- 12-05-17, 11:00 CET : estimated beginning of the attack
- 12-05-17, 11:07 CET : first ransom paid
- 15-05-17, 23:59 CET : most of the ransoms doubled
- 19-05-17, 23:59 CET : most of files were lost but some people continued to pay
- 03-08-17, 03:00 CET : attackers cleaned out all addresses