Developer, IT professional, open-source contributor, high school teacher, university instructor, and technology facilitator with experience in many aspects of technology including research and development in semiconductor manufacturing, managing IT infrastructure, and training teachers on effective technology use in the classroom.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ)
Facilities Directory, NJIT MIXR Lab (2021-Current)
The NJIT Machine Intelligence and XR Research (MIXR) lab is a space for experimentation in virtual and augmented reality. As Facilities Director I ensure that the computer resources needed by the lab are available and accessible. This includes the administration and maintenance of machines used by students in a classroom setting, graduate researchers in a research lab, and undergraduate assistants throughout.
Program Coordinator, Master of Science in Information Technology Administration and Security (2020-Current)
As program coordinator, my responsibilities include aligning the MSITAS curriculum with current industry best practices, ensuring prerequisite alignment, analyzing student enrollment, and creating and updating working standards for the program. I work closely with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure that we are meeting our assessment and accreditation responsibilities.
University Lecturer, Informatices Department (2019-Current)
As a University Lecturer I have taught IT120 Introduction to Networking, IT420 Computer Systems and Networks, IT490 Systems Integration, IS601 Web Systems, IT610 Systems Administration, and IT635 Database Administration. I have developed lab materials for IT120 and IT420 as well as a textbook for IT490. I serve in the Lecturers and Educators Congress as the representative for the Ying Wu College of Computing Sciences and maintain/administer the MIXR lab computers.
Adjunct Professor, Informatics Department (2017-2019)
I have taught IT310 E-Commerce Technology, IT420 Computer Systems and Networks, IT610 Systems Administration, and IT635 Database Administration. My classes are typically project-based and center around using open source software to solve real-world problems. All of my classes are infused with practical Linux system administration and often involve the use of a web framework (Ruby on Rails, Django, bottle) to create a web application that meet the needs of users.
Monroe Township Schools (Monroe, NJ)
Educational Technology Facilitator (2015-2019)
In my role as an Ed Tech facilitator I worked in eight different schools throughout the district with teachers and students from Pre-K to 12th grade. I aided teachers in the usage of technology in the classroom and worked to resolve IT related issues as they occur. This role included the administration of several databases, debugging and troubleshooting of IT services, development of in-house resources, and the provision of technology expertise to aid in district decision-making.
A large portion of my work included helping administration inform their decisions with data. I utilized data visualization tools (Jupyter/iPython notebooks) as well as frameworks for data processing (MapReduce / Pandas) to provide insights that drove district decision making. I also trained teachers and admin on how to perform their own analysis from the district level down to individual student goal setting.
Interim Science Department Coordinator (2015)
As High School Science Department Coordinator my role consisted of being an interface between administration, parents, and teachers as well as budgeting and assisting in day-to-day operations of the department.
STEM High School Teacher (2006-2015)
At the High School level I have taught Physics, Chemistry, Introduction to Forensic Science, Biotechnology Concepts, and Advanced Conceptual Science. I have also developed several curricula in these areas.
Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA)
Research Assistant (2004-2005)
As a research assistant at Applied Materials, I developed a system for measuring temperature effects on experimental semiconductors. I created a software library to interface with a thermoelectric cooler and a front-end program to allow an operator to perform tests. The library I designed was written in C and linked as a Dynamic Link Library to a front-end written in LabView.
Integrated Photonic Systems / Petalogic (Trenton, NJ / Petaluma, CA)
Research Assistant (2003-2004)
As a research assistant at Integrated Photonic Systems, my responsibilities included developing and testing software that used the AutoOptics motion control system to automate common lab procedures. I performed the duties of a systems administrator, using custom Linux servers to meet the technology needs of a growing company.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (2019)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (2004)
The College of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ)
- Credits towards the Masters of Arts in Teaching Program (2005-2006)
- Development Frameworks: Django, Android Studio
- Linux systems administration / development
- DevOps methodologies and tools: automated configuration management, cloud architecture design, containerization, container orchestration.
- Data Science tools: Pandas, MapReduce, Jupyter/iPython notebooks
- Embedded Systems Development: Arduino, msp430
- Fall 2020 NSF I-Corps Site at NJIT: Discord Digital Assistant for Traditionally Underrepresented Groups in Technology
Open Source Contributions
- Early Gentoo Linux Developer and package maintainer
- Arch Linux package contributor
- cjdns documentation updates
- Early cryptocurrency adopter / advocate mainly in the BitCoin and Ethereum space
- Omniauth updates for utilizing the Microsoft Graph API
- Erlang analysis of peer discovery in the Kademlia DHT
- alwaysRostering: A Framework for Keeping Separate Databases in Sync with a Student Information System
- Goodwatch Solder Paste Stencils and Assembly Tips
- K3NG Keyer Development of Morse Practice Mode
- Named group support for Rust regex parser
- jr: A distributed, peer-to-peer social communication platform modeled after Secure Scuttle Butt
- ssh-container: Container-based Network Learning Environment
- Terraform/Ansible AWS Hadoop Cluster