Profile Exporter for ProcessWire 2.5+
This module exports an installable site profile of your site. It essentially enables you take any site and create files that the ProcessWire installer will recognize when installing a new copy of ProcessWire. This is the tool that is used to export all of the ProcessWire core site profiles.
About site profiles
Site profiles exported by this tool include the following:
- The site database (but no caches and users)
- Files associated with pages (/site/assets/files/)
- Configuration file (/site/config.php), but no DB connection info
- Template files and related assets (/site/templates/*)
- Installed site modules (/site/modules/), except for this one
- System files in /site/ (ready.php, init.php, finished.php)
Site profiles do not include users or files not associated with pages (i.e. cache files, log files, etc.). Essentially, a site profile is meant to be a version of a site you can share with others, that contains no confidential data like user or password information.
How to use
Usage instructions are provided directly in the module when using it. After installing, go to Setup > Export Site Profile and it will guide you through the rest.
This version of the profile exporter requires ProcessWire 2.5 or newer. If you need a profile exporter for an earlier version of ProcessWire, grab the legacy branch of this module.
Copyright 2017 by Ryan Cramer