Away Moderation Bot
No longer fear leaving your server alone. The Away Moderation Bot has you covered while you're away.
What is this?
The Away Moderation Bot was created for Discord Hack Week under the moderation category. It's a highly customizable open source bot for both developers looking to fork the project and server owners. The bot utilizes a trained AI to parse messages and determine if they are found to fall under one of the following categories: Identity Attack, Insult, Obscene, Servere Toxicity, Sexually Explicit, Threat, or Toxic. Also, an enhanced audit log feature for server owners is included.
How does this "AI" stuff work?
A library developed by TensorFlow (by Google) is layered in Away Bot under a per-server-basis cache (for speed) and was trained using the civil comments datasets: https://figshare.com/articles/data_json/7376747 - this set alone contains well over 2,000,000 comments labeled for each of the previous categories.
What do I get as a server owner?
You get a reliable moderation bot that can do what your moderators never could. After a message is found in violation of your own server's configuration (per-server-config) the message will be deleted and a flag will be added to the message's author. After a person reaches a certain amount of flags? Well, you decide what happens! For a list of features take a look below.
- Smart Filter (AI detection)
- Threshold Configuration (for the AI)
- Configurable Flag Limits (before Mutes, Kicks, Tempbans, and Bans)
- Configurable Mute / Tempban Lengths
- Configurable Blacklist / Whitelist (for words of your own)
- The Ability to Enable/Disable Filters (at will)
- Improved Audit Logs
- The ability to hook up your own Firestore (by Google, Firebase Database) to keep your data independent.
- Huge configuration for command information and personal preferences (commands, reasons, names, thumbnails, colors, etc.)
- 16+ Command / Job / Utility examples to make it easy to add your own commands and features.
The Away Moderation Bot uses ^ as it's default prefix, but you can configure it to whatever you like in your own server. Take a look at the prefix command below.
- Descripion: Relay information about the Away Moderation Bot.
- Usage: help | help
- Description: DMs the user the total amount of flags they currently have.
- Usage: flags
- Description: Change the phrase used as the prefix. Default is ^.
- Usage: prefix
- Description: Manage the smart filter feature status and threshold.
- Usage: smartfilter | smartfilter <enable/disable/(1-99)>
- Description: Manage the punishments given after a certain threshold of flags.
- Usage: filterpunish | filterpunish <mute/kick/tempban/ban>
- Description: Enable/Disable filter statuses at will.
- Usage: filterconfig | filterconfig <enable/disable>
- Filters: IDENTITY_ATTACK, INSULT, OBSCENE, SEVERE_TOXICITY, SEXUAL_EXPLICIT, THREAT, TOXICITY
- Description: Modify the length of a mute/tempban that results from filter flagging.
- Usage: filterlength | filterlength <mute/tempban>
- Description: Blacklist a certain word for flagging by the smart filter.
- Usage: blacklist | blacklist <add/remove>
- Description: Whitelist a certain word to not be flagged by the smart filter.
- Usage: whitelist | whitelist <add/remove>
- Description: List the flags for a certain user, or clear their flags.
- Usage: aflags
- Description: Enable/Disable immunity from the smart filter for yourself or a certain user.
- Usage: bypass | bypass
- Description: Purge a defined amount of messages in a channel.
- Usage: purge <1-100>
Debug Commands (Admin Commands)
The commands here are meant for developers or server owners experiencing malfunctions.
- Description: Dump all data tied to Away in your server.
- Usage: dump
- Description: Wipe and reset your server data for Away. WARNING: THIS INCLUDES USER DATA.
- Usage: reset
How do I fork and install this bot? (For Developers Only, Users Use Invite Link Above)
You're in luck. We have a great video tutorial! https://youtu.be/RqJ4dyI8gNQ