See Screenshots for more.
- Adds filetype glyphs (icons) to various vim plugins.
- Supports byte order marker (BOM).
- Customizable and extendable glyphs settings.
- Supports a wide range of file type extensions.
- Supports popular full filenames, like
- Works with patched fonts, especially Nerd Fonts.
See Detailed Features for more.
See Configuration for a list of configuration and customization options.
Install the Vim plugin with your favorite plugin manager, e.g. vim-plug:
Always load the vim-devicons as the very last one.
No need to set explicitly under Neovim: always uses UTF-8 as the default encoding.
See Installation for detailed setup instructions
:help devicons for further configuration.
See DEVELOPER for how to use the API.
This project has adopted a Code of Conduct that we expect project participants to adhere to. Check out code of conduct for further details.
Read our contributing guide to learn about how to send pull requests, creating issues properly.
You can help us by simply giving a star or voting on vim.org. It will ensure continued development going forward.
Thanks goes to these people for inspiration and helping with sending PRs.
- nerdtree-git-plugin by @Xuyuanp
- seti-ui by @jesseweed
- devicons by @vorillaz
- development.svg.icons by @benatespina
- Learn Vimscript the Hard Way book by Steve Losh
- All contributors