Typus: Admin Panel for Ruby on Rails applications
Typus is a control panel for Ruby on Rails applications to allow trusted users edit structured content.
It’s not a CMS with a full working system but it provides a part of the system: authentication, permissions and basic look and feel for your websites control panel. So using Rails with Typus lets you concentrate on your application instead of the bits to manage the system.
Typus is the "old latin" word for type which stands for:
A category of people or things having common characteristics.
You can try a demo here.
- Built-in Authentication and Access Control Lists.
- CRUD and custom actions for your models on a clean interface.
- Internationalized interface (See available translations)
- Customizable and extensible templates.
- Integrated paperclip and dragonfly attachments viewer.
- Works with
Add Typus to your
gem 'typus' # Bundle edge Typus instead: # gem 'typus', :git => 'git://github.com/typus/typus.git'
Update your bundle, run the generator and start the application server:
$ bundle install $ rails generate typus $ rails server
and go to http://0.0.0.0:3000/admin.
To test clone the git repo and run the following commands:
$ git clone git://github.com/typus/typus.git $ bundle install --path vendor/bundle $ bundle exec rake
Typus is released under the MIT license.