Node must be installed. jspm must be installed (
npm install -g jspm).
Running The App
To run the app, follow these steps.
- Ensure that NodeJS is installed. This provides the platform on which the build tooling runs.
- From the project folder, execute the following command:
- Ensure that Gulp is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g gulp
- Ensure that jspm is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g jspm
Note: jspm queries GitHub to install semver packages, but GitHub has a rate limit on anonymous API requests. It is advised that you configure jspm with your GitHub credentials in order to avoid problems. You can do this by executing
jspm registry config githuband following the prompts.
- Install the client-side dependencies with jspm:
Note: Windows users, if you experience an error of "unknown command unzip" you can solve this problem by doing
npm install -g unzipand then re-running
- To run the app, execute the following command:
Changes inside the
src folder will be watched and recompiled - use the reload button in the NW.js toolbar to refresh the app afterwards.
Running The Unit Tests
To run the unit tests, first ensure that you have followed the steps above in order to install all dependencies and successfully build the library. Once you have done that, proceed with these additional steps:
- Ensure that the Karma CLI is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g karma-cli
- Install Aurelia libs for test visibility:
jspm install aurelia-framework jspm install aurelia-http-client jspm install aurelia-router
- You can now run the tests with this command:
or via gulp with this command:
Building for Production
- Verify the target platforms on the
nwBuilderConfig.platformsproperty in gulp\config.js
- Build a release version of all specified platforms with this command:
gulp build-release --release --bump minor
Where the value of
bump can be major, minor, patch, or prerelease (defaults to patch)