Generative Art & Creative Code Fall 2014
- Ryan Berkey email@example.com
- Thursdays, 12:00pm - 2:50pm, Room 415
This collaborative course focuses on Generative Art, Creative Coding, and Implementing Emerging Technologies. Students will employ industry-standard methods, tools, and workflow to efficiently design and animate within the browser in a real-world environment. Advanced web standards, workflow, usability, testing, iterations, and implementation will be covered.
Class Wiki & Facebook Group'
- You are required to attend class, read the assigned materials, complete and submit all homework assignments, and gernerate a collaborative final project with other class members.
- If you need to miss class please let me know in advance if possible.
- Grading Breakdown
- Homework Assignments: 35%
- Attendance & Participation: 35%
- Collaborative Final Project: 40%
- Everyone has a voice
- in shaping how the class goes
- providing feedback
- offering up solutions, especially if you have a better solution than I do
- Self-directed learning
- The space to be wrong
- This is all an experiment, it’s experimental art / code
- No idea is a bad idea
- Do not be afraid to fail
- Being wrong can create new ideas that shape the project
- The outline of the class can change
- The scope of your projects can change bigger or smaller
- Sharing & Open Source
- Sharing ideas, knowledge, and inspiration
- By helping each other it advances the whole group so we can all get deeper into the material.
- Come to class ready to be in class
- Projects are group focused and hands on