Star Citizen Discord Devtracker (SC-Devtracker) [DEPRECATED]
A simple RSS/Discord Webhook connector written in Python 3.
- Python 3.7
SC-Devtracker needs the following python packages to work properly:
Clone this repository wherever you like (e.g.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:s0me-1/sc-devtracker.git
- Install the requirements if you haven't already satisfied them:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Once a proper
config.ini is created, simply run:
python -m sc-devtracker
Once properly started, SC-Devtracker will fetch and send the most recent entry of the RSS Feed to ensure everything is working as expected.
Run in shell:
Run as a systemd service:
Considering your installation is in /opt/sc-devtracker and the user running this unit is discord.
create a symlink of sc-devtracker.service in /etc/systemd/system/
ln -s /opt/sc-devtracker/sc-devtracker.service /etc/systemd/system/
enable the service and start it:
systemctl enable sc-devtracker systemctl start sc-devtracker
config-exemple.ini and then rename it to
Here's a description of what you can put there:
feed_url: A valid RSS Feed, defaulted to the one from developertracker.com.
webhook_url: A valid url pointing to a discord webhook. This is what you need to complete.
embed_title(Optionnal): Discord message title displayed each time an embed is sent.
embed_color(Optionnal): A decimal color for the embed border in discord. Defaults selects a color depending on the source website (Light Blue for Spectrum, Orange for Reddit).
embed_footer_icon_url: Icon displayed in the footer of the discord embeds.
show_timezone(Optionnal): If set to Yes, it will show the timezone in UTC Format (See below). Defaults to No.
fetch_delay(Optionnal): The time in seconds between each refresh of the RSS Feed. Defaults to 600 as the RSS Feed is only updated every 10 minutes.
locale(Optionnal): The locale used to display the published time of each entry, use the one on the host by default. Must follow the
xx_XXformat and must be installed on the host machine.
timezone(Optionnal): Desired timezone for published dates. Must be a valid pytz Timezone.
This is the content of
[rss] feed_url = https://developertracker.com/star-citizen/rss [discord] webhook_url = YOUR_WEBHOOK_URL embed_title = New post from a SC Dev ! embed_color = embed_footer_icon_url = https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/7307512 show_timezone = [general] fetch_delay = locale = timezone =
- Better parsing of the HTML content by getting it directly from the source websites
- DOM coming from the RSS source maybe incorrect (Especially with lists), resulting in excessive new line in some lists after parsing.
- Code block are not supported by the RSS feed, therefore, they will not show in the discord embed.
- BeautifulSoup 4.
- Jason R. Coombs for configparser.
- Kurt McKee for feedparser.
- Matthew Dapena-Tretter for markdownify.
- Taehoon Kim & Kevin Wurster for emoji.
-  python-feedparser currently needs to be updated to properly support Python 3.8.
-  The version used in SC-Devtracker is an unofficial version that includes a patch for handling blocquotes properly.