C H A R T I S A N
Farm to table to chart with React + D3.
You know how pasta is supposed to taste better when you make it from scratch? This is basically the same thing, but instead of pasta I made my own version of Quartz's Chartbuilder.
What started out as a humble weekend hack project to learn Webpack snowballed into a full-fledged charting tool (because everyone's gotta have one) built with React and the new D3 4.0. Aesthetically, the charts are mostly derived from the Tachyons CSS library, FiveThirtyEight and leather but I'll be restyling all the things once I finish implementing baseline features. As a stretch goal I might add in some of the things mentioned in Gregor Aisch's #NICAR15 lightning talk.
- 0.7 (07/21/16) — Implemented full parsing of times/dates and time-based x-axes.
- 0.6 (07/20/16) — Fixed SVG positioning bug and added custom fonts to exported charts.
- 0.5 (07/18/16) — Now supports multiple series across all chart types, with a legend.
- 0.4 (07/14/16) — Fixed y-axis digit bug and added SVG/PNG exporting.
- 0.3 (07/07/16) — Added time axis support for years and customizable domain/range values.
- 0.2 (06/18/16) — Added chart/axis switching, implemented line charts and scatterplots.
- 0.1 (06/14/16) — First commit, MVP: Reactive D3 ordinal/numeric bar charts with some basic validation.
- Display error messages in UI (currently just thrown in console)
- Customizable axes/ticks, color palettes, dimensions/sizing
- Responsive UI and responsive output