We are happy to announce the availibility of the first (and hopefully last) Release Candidate for Serendipity 2.3!
We feel comfortable with suggesting you to try out this release in a production environment. Please don't forget to make a backup of your database and files first, as you should always do!
Tests on current PHP installations (PHP 7.2 up to PHP 7.4) would be much appreciated!
Serendipity 2.3 focuses on
- PHP 7.2 and 7.3 support - minimal PHP version is now PHP 7.0
- Smarty upgrade to 3.1.33
- Updates to the media manager and some bug fixes
- New function to add multiple images to an entry at once, creating a gallery
- Use figure/figcaption markup for media manager images with captions
- Ability to create responsive image thumbnails
- Set responsiveimages as default plugin
- Add rewrite to absolute url for srcsets to the feed generation
- Use voku/simple-cache for internal cache as bundled lib, which will allow to cache with memcached and redis instead of just on the filesystem
- Added a maintenance mode option
- Improve the nl2br plugin (thanks to Stephan Brunker!)
- Allow to receive multiple trackbacks and pingbacks (thanks to @mmitch!)
- Change (installation) defaults: disable entryproperties cache and enable internal cache, enable stable-archive option
Other changes include:
- Security fixes for XSS in Editor Preview and Media Library by interpreted EXIF tags (thanks to Hanno Boeck!)
- Fallback for $lang variable when configuration failed to load which evades some unuseful error messages (thanks @HQJaTu!)
- Drop deprecated serendipity_purgeEntry function
- Bootstrap4 adaptations
- Fixes for plugin drag'n'drop
You can download the release file and unzip it to your installation as usual, or update from within Serendipity using the Serendipity Autoupdate Plugin (