Domain-driven e-commerce for Django
Oscar is an e-commerce framework for Django designed for building domain-driven sites. It is structured such that any part of the core functionality can be customised to suit the needs of your project. This allows a wide range of e-commerce requirements to be handled, from large-scale B2C sites to complex B2B sites rich in domain-specific business logic.
- Official homepage
- Demo site (a reference build of an Oscar project)
- Sandbox site (an hourly build of the unstable master branch - it's experimental but feel free to explore and get a feel for the base Oscar install.)
- Documentation on the excellent readthedocs.org
- Google Group - the mailing list is email@example.com
- Continuous integration homepage on travis-ci.org
- Twitter account for news and updates
- crate.io page
- PyPI page
- Transifex project - translating Oscar made easy
Continuous integration status:
These are screenshots from the 'sandbox' example site that ships with Oscar. It sports a simple design built with Twitter's Bootstrap and provides a good starting point for rapidly building elegant e-commerce sites.
The demo site is also available to browse at http://demo.oscarcommerce.com
The following extensions are stable and ready for use:
- django-oscar-datacash - Integration with the DataCash payment gateway
- django-oscar-paypal - Integration with PayPal. This currently supports both Express Checkout and PayFlow Pro.
- django-oscar-paymentexpress - Integration with the Payment Express payment gateway
- django-oscar-accounts - Managed accounts (can be used for giftcard functionality and loyalty schemes)
- django-oscar-stores - Physical stores integration (opening hours, store locator etc)
- django-oscar-easyrec - Recomendations using EasyRec locator etc)
- django-oscar-testsupport - Testing utilities for Oscar extensions (deprecated)
The following extensions are in development by Tangent:
- django-oscar-stripe - Integration with the Stripe payment gateway
- django-oscar-gocardless - Integration with the GoCardless payment gateway
- django-oscar-jirafe - Integration with the Jirafe analytics package
- django-oscar-parachute - Import scripts for migrating away from non-Oscar platforms.
- django-oscar-eway - Integration with the eWay payment gateway.
- django-oscar-approval - Approval workflow for authorising new orders/products.
The following are community-written extensions:
- django-oscar-unicredit - Integration with the Unicredit payment gateway
- django-oscar-payments - Pluggable payments for Oscar
- django-oscar-recurly - Integration with the Recurly payment gateway
Let us know if you're writing a new one!
Oscar is released under the permissive New BSD license.
Oscar is still in active development but is used in production by a range of companies, from large multinationals to small, boutique stores:
Selected Tangent projects:
- Tata Group - http://www.landmarkonthenet.com
- Carlsberg - Their global "We Deliver More" platform is powered by Oscar (but is a B2B site and not browsable by the public)
- Chocolate Box - https://www.thechocolatebox.com.au
- The UK Labour party - http://shop.labour.org.uk
- Meridian Audio - http://www.meridian-audio.co.uk
- Which Rightchoice - http://www.whichrightchoice.com
- Freetix - http://www.freetix.com.au/
- Dolbeau - http://www.dolbeau.ca/
- Sobusa - http://www.sobusa.fr/
- Laivee - http://laivee.pl
- Colinss - http://colinss.com
- Audio App - https://audioapp.pl/
- Anything Gift - http://www.anythinggift.co.uk
- FP Sport - http://www.fpsport.it
- Garmsby - https://garmsby.co.uk
Many more on the way. If you use Oscar in production, please let us know.
Looking for commercial support?
If you are interested in having an Oscar project built for you, or for development of an existing Oscar site, Tangent can help. Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Tangent Snowball site.
Want to get paid to work on Oscar?
Tangent Labs are currently looking for python hackers to work on Oscar as well as some of other internal products and e-commerce projects. If this sounds interesting, please email email@example.com.
The position is in Tangent's London offices and you must have the appropriate visas to work in the UK.